CEUs on the Go
I CEU Central
Signs of Development
Interpreter Ed. Online
Love 2 ASL
Deaf Action Center
Online Book Club
As a volunteer of UTRID, I am committed to the mission, vision and guiding principles of UTRID. I am committed to helping fulfill the stated vision ofUTRID.
CODE OF CONDUCT
As a volunteer, I agree to the following Code of Conduct, whereby it is my responsibility to:
1. Not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol before or during my assigned shifts and duties.
2. Dress appropriately for my job responsibilities as a representative of UTRID including wearing closed toe shoes.
3. Return phone calls/emails in a timely manner.
4. Come to meetings on time and fully prepared.
5. Treat everyone I come in contact with while representing UTRID with respect and professionalism. Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated and may result in immediate removal from UTRID activities.
6. Honor the decision making process of the Executive Board, Committee Chairs, and rule of majority.
7. Endeavor to keep disagreements and controversies impersonal and to promote unity.
8. Maintain a positive presentation about UTRID and all community partners to the public through words and actions.
9. Speak up and participate with questions, concerns, and insights as they arise.
10. Not use my volunteer position for any personal gain.
11. Understand that I am personally responsible for any expenses unless explicitly approved in writing by an Executive Board member.
12. Never sign a contract committing UTRID.
As a UTRID volunteer, I promised to carry out the above agreement to the best of my abilities. I understand that I may be removed if I fail to act in good faith on any part of this agreement. In return, I will be respected as a valued volunteer whose contributions will be honored and recognized.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
In exchange for participation in the activity of UTRID, and/or use of the property, facilities and services of UTRID.
1. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by UTRID, or the employees, representatives or agents.
2. I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with the above described activity and I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself and (if applicable) my family members, and further release and discharge UTRID for injury, loss or damage arising out of my or my family’s use of or presence upon the facilities of UTRID, whether caused by the fault of myself, my family, UTRID or other third parties.
3. I agree to indemnify and defend UTRID against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my or my family’s use of or presence upon the facilities of UTRID.
4. I agree to pay for all damages to the facilities of UTRID caused by my or my family’s negligent, reckless, or willful actions.
5. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under Utah law.
6. I agree and acknowledge that I am under no pressure or duress to sign this Agreement and that I have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before signing. I further agree and acknowledge that I am free to have my own legal counsel review this Agreement if I so desire. I further agree and acknowledge that UTRID has offered to refund any fees I have paid to use its facilities if I choose not to sign this Agreement.
7. This Agreement and each of its terms are the product of an arms’ length negotiation between the Parties. In the event any ambiguity is found to exist in the interpretation of this Agreement, or any of its provisions, the Parties, and each of them, explicitly reject the application of any legal or equitable rule of interpretation which would lead to a construction either “for” or “against” a particular party based upon their status as the drafter of a specific term, language, or provision giving rise to such ambiguity.
8. The invalidity or un-enforceability of any provision of this Agreement, whether standing alone or as applied to a particular occurrence or circumstance, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement or of any other applications of such provision, as the case may be, and such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be deemed not to be a part of this Agreement.
9. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Medical Treatment: Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge the Center from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with Volunteer’s Activities with UTRID.
Photographic Release: Volunteer hereby consents to all uses by UTRID of Volunteer’s voice, likeness, or image in connection with any photographs, recordings, websites and all other printed and electronic forms and media (“Permitted Uses”). Volunteer hereby forever releases the Company and its directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all claims, actions, damages, losses, costs, expenses and liability of any kind, arising under any legal or equitable theory whatsoever at any time during or after the period of volunteer services in connection with any Permitted Use.
We are planning a Mother’s Day fundraiser for the upcoming UTRID Conference. The plan is to offer different goodie packages with chocolate covered strawberries, caramel and chocolate covered pretzels, and roses. We will take orders up until May 9th. Then people can have the option to pick up at the orders at the Deaf Center, or have them Delivered on May 11.
I am in need of helpers for the following:
Now until May 9:
-Selling!! We are hoping to have order forms (both printed and electronic) ready by this Thursday or Friday. Watch for them.
-Helping me organize my ideas and plans. Boundaries for delivery options? Order and payment tracking. Cute advertising? Etc.
May 9: Purchase of Supplies (Joining me while shopping, or tag teaming at different stores as necessary)
May 10: Production of Goodie Packages. I am working on reserving the Deaf Center kitchen all day on Friday to make the chocolate covered strawberries, pretzels and assembly of the gift boxes.
May 11: Delivery.
If you can help out with any of these things, please sign up here:
Click to sign up online
Nicole V. -Fundraising Chair
If you run into problems or have any questions, please email us!
The Technical Assistance Division with Utah State University was awarded an interpreter training grant from the Utah Public Service Commission and is looking to hire a team of language and interpreter mentors. The mentor team will work with participants in language development and interpreting competencies. The mentor team will work with hearing and Deaf interpreters. Positions are hourly part-time and range from 5 – 20 hours per week depending upon the role of the mentor and number of assigned participants. Work will be performed remotely using distance technology.
To review the position and apply go to: https://usu.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=4104
2018 UTRID Conference Registration
If you are not redirected to checkout, please click here to proceed to the Checkout page to complete payment
Please renew your membership prior to registering to qualify for member pricing
*non-member registration includes UTRID Dues