Greetings from the UTRID President!
Hello beautiful members of UTRID! I’m Teddi von Pingel, the new UTRID President for the upcoming 2 years. I wanted to take this opportunity to check in with you and learn more about your needs, your goals, and how we as the UTRID board can change and improve to help you maximize your membership benefits.
The survey is linked below and may take you 10-15 minutes to complete. The survey doesn’t require you to fill out your name and email address, but we hope you will include it and also be honest with your feedback and needs.
Survey responses are due October 1, however, if you complete the survey by 9/29 (NEW DEADLINE), all responses will be entered into a drawing for a cool prize from me or the UTRID board. (Don’t forget to include your name and/or email).
Your feedback is important to us! We can’t continue to run our UTRID organization without understanding your needs. Kimm, as past president of UTRID for 5 years, worked hard to build interpreter unity and meet your needs. Our hope is to continue building on that foundation as we grow our membership and meet member needs for our Utah interpreters. We welcome all ideas and feedback.
We look forward to getting your feedback. Have a great day!
All surveys due by 10/1/21. To be entered in a random prize drawing, complete your survey (including your name/email) by 9/29 at 10pm MST.
Join the dialog and stay in the know!
You are invited to UTRID’s virtual town hall on Thursday, September 10th at 7 PM. Carolyn Ball will lead an informative discussion regarding the future mission of RID—”A Member Driven Organization OR/AND A Professional Certifying Organization.” Learn more about the transition here on RID’s website and RSVP for live streamed admission below or click the link: RSVP Now.
See you Thursday!
IT’S TIME TO CELEBRATE
INTERPRETER APPRECIATION DAY
On Wednesday May 6, UTRID will be participating in the National Interpreter Appreciation Day
This special day of honoring and thanking interpreters for their commitment to the field and to the communities they serve happens annually on the first Wednesday in May.
This year we are excited to announce that from May 6th through Friday May 8th we will be offering 25% off UTRID memberships with the code: Appreciate2020. (Includes all membership categories.)
To renew your membership, please visit your Membership Summary and click Renew. Don’t forget to enter the code Appreciate2020 for your 25% discount!
As another thank you, we will select 5 members from each of the following membership categories, Certified, Associate, and Student to win prizes. That’s a total of 15 winners!
Winners may receive a 1 year extension of membership, a coupon for a free workshop (up to $45), or a $25 gift card.
- No entry is necessary for the drawings; active members will be automatically included.
- Must be a current UTRID member in good standing at the time of drawing.
- Winners will be announced after Sunday, May 10th via social media outlets and here on this page.
- Winners will be contacted via email on file regarding their prizes won.
- All prizes must be claimed within one year of issuance.
- All prizes will expire on 6/1/21.
- Prizes are non-negotiable.
- 1-year membership prizes will automatically be applied to the following membership year.
- Gift cards will be e-mailed to the address UTRID has on file. UTRID is not responsible for lost or misdirected gift cards.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any general questions and/or concerns.
Are you a UTRID member?! Ever wonder how you will pay for that next conference or interpreting test? Send in a scholarship request to UTRID!
Send your application to: https://utrid.com/scholarships/
Applicants may be required to provide a service to UTRID in exchange for the scholarship award, based on the type of scholarship request.
Please join UTRID in making this winter Warm & Cozy for a local Deaf family. There are 3 ways you can support the cause:
1. Donate to our Sub For Santa fund.
Venmo (@UTRID and mention Sub for Santa in the subject) or Paypal
2. Select a gift from our virtual Giving Tree and bring it to the cookie party, or arrange drop off at an alternate location by contacting the email listed on the sign-up.
3. Attend our annual Cookie Decorating party 6-8pm Friday, Dec 6 at the Sanderson Community Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing 5709 S 1500 W.
We will have cookies, hot chocolate, and photos with a special guest available for 1 ticket each. Tickets will be available at the door or purchase discount tickets now and pick them up at the registration table. To volunteer at the event, check out our signup here: Sign up now
Discount Tickets available in advance:
Paypal Donate Button
You must be logged in to view this content.
- Discount/free admission for UTRID sponsored workshops
- Eligible to apply for Scholarship funds (RID membership also required)
- PINRA Processing- UTRID is an Approved PINRA Sponsor (3 PINRAs Processed per year)
- Network with other working professionals
- Featured on UTRID.com
- CMP Processing for up to 6 workshops (additional workshops are only $25 each)
- 2 complimentary registrations for the annual UTRID conference
- 1 complimentary registration for each of the Terp Talks held in the membership year.
- Member pricing for other workshops offered by UTRID or its partners.