Silent Weekend Sponsors

UTRID’s 2023 Silent Weekend is sponsored by:

ASL Communications has donated a limited number of discounted tickets. If you want to participate in Silent Weekend and you find yourself in need of financial assistance, please contact [email protected].

REGISTER HERE! 

Who is it for? Certified interpreters and Deaf interpreters or aspiring Deaf interpreters

When is it? Thursday, May 4th (evening) through Sunday, May 7th (morning)

What is it worth? 1.6 CEUs or more

Where is it at? Heber, Utah at Silver Springs Lodge

Why should I go? Immersive FUN!!!!

When you sign up for Silent Weekend, you will receive a three night stay at the beautiful Silver Springs Lodge in Heber Utah. Your stay will include meals starting on Friday morning and workshops rewarding at least 1.6 CEUs. (No partial credit for CEUs.)

Last day for Silent Weekend Early Bird! (3/31/23)

Members far and wide!

Please note that today March 31, 2023 will be the last day you can register for Silent Weekend at the price of $275!

Tomorrow April 1, 2023 the price will increase to $350 so hurry and register if you want to take advantage of the early bird price!!

It’s going to be a blast you won’t want to miss out on this weekend!

Silent Weekend – May 4-7 in Heber, UT – Reserved for hearing and Deaf certified interpreters as well as aspiring Deaf interpreters – worth 1.6+CEUs

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER 

Click here to learn more!

(Silver Springs Lodge)

2023 Silent Weekend! SAVE THE DATES!

(correction: 16 CEHs)

Silent Weekend 2023 will be held May 4-7 in Heber City, UT
Registration will be open MARCH 1st!
There will be limited spots available so it’s important to be
ready to sign up when registration is live!
Early Bird pricing will start at $275 & end April 1st!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact [email protected]

Love Yourself PD Workshop 2/25/23

It is the time of the year where we focus on love! Perfect time for a workshop about Self Care: Thinking beyond the mani-pedi.  Please join us for “Love Yourself” presented by Alysia McEvoy and Katie Maxwell, from 11:00a-1:00p on 2/25/23 located at Sanderson Community Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (5709 S 1500 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84123)
February 25, 2023
11:00am- 1:00pm
5709 S 1500 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84123
Presented by Katie Maxwell and Alysia McEvoy
As interpreters, we work hard with a heart of service to the Deaf community, and we become witnesses to the special, as well as the traumatic moments they experience. In this workshop, we will focus on what techniques and strategies we can use to help us in our day to day work. We will focus on how to find healthy ways of taking care of ourselves and avoiding burnout. 

This Workshop will be presented in person at the Sanderson Community Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (5709 S 1500 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84123)

Members: $30, Non-Members: $65, Students: $5

Purchase your ticket (you must be logged into your member account to see the reduced price).

UTRID is an Approved RID CMP Sponsor for continuing education activities. This professional studies program is offered for 0.2 CEUs/2 CEHs at the little/none Content Knowledge Level. To request accommodations contact [email protected]Click here to view UTRID cancellation/refund policies.

UTRID does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, disability, marital status, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.

UTRID Board News – Change is coming

Hello UTRID Membership!

I wanted to make you aware of an upcoming change with the UTRID leadership.  I will be moving to Arizona on March 1st and as a result can no longer fulfill my term as President.  According to our bylaws, the Vice President, would be responsible for taking on that role.  Tanner Vance is the current UTRID Vice President and he and I have met and determined both his willingness and aptitude for stepping into this role.  Because the next elections would happen in August and the president position will be open, it makes sense for Tanner to act in the interim with support from other UTRID board and committee members. Tanner has been serving UTRID in various capacities for the past several years and will continue to lead our membership into innovative and creative spaces.  You are in good hands!

The next few months will be crucial for getting more volunteers to serve on our committees for Professional Development, Silent Weekend, and Conference.  Please consider if you might be able to provide support for those events and reach out! Your ideas for how to grow and shape UTRID are valued!

I first joined the UTRID Board as Secretary in 2006, the summer we moved here.  That was followed by 2 years as Vice President and my most recent terms as Professional Development Chair and President. The Utah interpreting and Deaf communities are like no other! I have always felt welcomed and needed as part of your communities.  I will miss seeing you all regularly and hope that if you ever need a sunny break, you will come down for a visit! You can keep in touch with me through email at [email protected].

Thanks again for your years of friendship and support!

Hugs and ILY Hands Waving!

Teddi

Announcing 2023 Agenda!

2023 Theme – STRIVE THRIVE

The UTRID Board members met for our annual retreat on November 19th. We are excited to announce our theme for 2023 and our tentative schedule of workshops for the year. Get ready to mark your calendars!

We will have a mix of online and in-person workshops but are aiming for more workshops in person. 

Dates are subject to change

January : 28th – Terp Talk
– Student Involvement

February 18 : Professional Development  – Love Yourself  – online

March : Student Involvement

April : Student Involvement

May 4-7 : Silent Weekend in Heber, UT

June : Terp Talk

July : Terp Talk

August 4-5 : Mini-Conference – Deaf Center

September : Student Involvement

October : Student Involvement

November : Terp Talk – Penny Ann’s Cafe 

December : Sub for Santa

RESCHEDULED EVENT: Sub for Santa (Now December 10th)

Hello all! With the storm and more time needed to collect donations – the Sub for Santa party has been RESCHEDULED for December 10th. Same time (1-3pm), Same Place (Deaf Center), same event and needs. Please sign up to donate a gift or gift card, if you haven’t already. Bring to the event on the 10th. See you there! – Teddi

IT’S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR
to give to those in need!

The time has come! UTRID is looking for donations of items or gift cards for our Sub For Santa project. We will host a short and sweet party at the Sanderson Community Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing on December 10, 2022 for an opportunity to drop off the donations. For additional support we will be selling cookies, milk and photos with the elf!

Want to help give back to 2 families in need for this Christmas? Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. After you get these, please bring these to our party on Dec. 10th  from 1 pm to 3 pm at the Sanderson Center. Any questions, please email Pamela at   Thank you!
in case that doesn’t work – click here > https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094eaaa62da4fdc70-subfor

We are also accepting monetary donations through our Venmo and PayPal

PayPal 

Venmo

Sub For Santa 2022

IT’S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR
to give to those in need!

The time has come! UTRID is looking for donations of items or gift cards for our Sub For Santa project. We will host a short and sweet party at the Sanderson Community Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing on December 3, 2022 for an opportunity to drop off the donations. For additional support we will be selling cookies, milk and photos with the elf!

Want to help give back to 2 families in need for this Christmas? Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. After you get these, please bring these to our party on Dec. 3rd which will be from 1 pm to 3 pm at Sanderson Center. Any questions, please email Pamela at   Thank you!
in case that doesn’t work – click here > https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094eaaa62da4fdc70-subfor

We are also accepting monetary donations through our Venmo and PayPal

PayPal 

Venmo

Volunteers needed for DSDHH Thanksgiving Event

Hello all! Pamela, our Deaf Community Liaison, has asked me to reach out to you again for more volunteers.  Please consider giving your time on Thanksgiving to support our Deaf community members.

Hi everyone!

I am reaching out to you to see if you’d be interested in being part of our annual Thanksgiving Gathering on November 24, 2022?  I know you helped with our last Thanksgiving gathering and wanted to check in with you- we can’t do this without you. This is a great opportunity for us to give back to our Deaf, HOH and DeafBlind community members by being part of this and serving others

If you have not signed up for time slots to help out for the day before OR the day of Thanksgiving, please click on this to sign up: LINK Go to the 2nd link named “Volunteers Sign Up Schedule and Duties”

We also wanted to let you know that there’s a GREAT opportunity for you to come and do a BCI FAST at NO COST here at DSDHH and it’s tomorrow (Tuesday) between 5 pm to 8 pm!

We are offering this easy and quick opportunity since all volunteers are required to have a criminal background check as required by law before volunteering.

All you need to do is..

1. Fill out this application- Volunteer application
  2. Email us at [email protected] to sign up for a time slot
  3. Show up for about 15 min to 30 mins then you can volunteer!

There are various duties such as setting up, washing dishes, keeping people company as needed along with food prepping.

Since food prepping and food serving is a big part, we really need more volunteers to have their food handler permits.

If you can’t make the in person event, you can take the course online, pay $25, Scan the receipt of your payment to me and I’ll have your reimbursement processed.

Food Handler Permit Online course link

Any questions- feel free to ask!

Pamela Mower (she/her)
Why do Pronouns matter?
Continuing Education and Outreach Programs Manager
Division of Services of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (Sanderson Community Center)
5709 S 1500 W, Taylorsville, UT 84123
[email protected]
801-518-6447 (text)
801-657-5223
www.deafservices.utah.gov
www.facebook.com/UtahDeafHHServices